Saturday, April 19, 2014

10 Things I Love about Summer!



I am a future-oriented person. It really can be a weakness, because I tend to look forward to or dread things in the future rather than staying focused on the present. However, it is appropriate (and fun!) at times to think about big picture plans and events. And one of the "events" that is coming up is the change of seasons. 
Summer is coming (Don't shoot me for saying that as soon as spring finally arrives... it's what I do)!
With it are many things I am looking forward to:

1.) Summer camps--We're still discussing which ones I'm going to (Worldview Camp, King Solomon Camp, CYIA, and Camp Good News are all in the mix) but each camp offers fun fellowship with friends as well as a potentially deeper relationship with God. 

2) Lemon Ice Cream--enough said!
3) Reduced School Load--Math will probably continue through the summer, but I am especially excited about physics and piano being done. 

GUYS!!!  Our cat just gave birth to three adorable kittens (And they're alive, which really surprised us!) right as I was posting!! I'm sure Natalie will post pictures within a couple hours, so I won't bother. :) Nothing to do with summer, but pretty exciting! 

Back to the post...

4.) Smoothies--okay, I'll confess these are kind of a year-round thing here, but still... I'm pumped!

5.) Non-stop Athletic-Shorts--These may or may not be a year-round thing at my house, too...guys, these Nikes are my absolute favorite right now! Now, can these please go on sale or something? 









6.) (I'm losing my train of thought as I stair at that beautiful pair of Nike shorts... really for the sake of a coherent post, I should delete that picture...the beauty of those Nikes is alluring/distracting.) 
Let me scroll down a ways to eliminate this distraction


...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Ahhh, much better. I can finally concentrate!

7.) Summer Volleyball Practices--Honestly, the practices are even more fun to me than the games! I love when you finally know who is on what team and your role on the team. Then, the team can gel!

8.) The Smell of Sunscreen--Mmm. They should make a candle that is sunscreen-scented! That and doughnut-scented. Mmmm! I would buy ten!

9.) Tans-- I'm sorry, but I really do like them. (No, that is not at all ironic to put under my love of sunscreen.) 

10.) Weekly Grilled Chicken--Mom doesn't grill much in the winter (something about standing outside in the snow and trying to cook raw meat...) but in the summer she makes it on a regular basis. It just makes me happy!













1 comment:

  1. I like your list! I've never had lemon ice cream, but if it has ice cream in it, it's probably great! :) I also love your idea for a sunscreen-scented candle. I can't say I've ever thought that sunscreen was one of my favorite smells (though it is a nice smell!), but it makes me laugh that it is one of yours!

    Also, your Nike shorts made me think of how I've noticed almost every student on campus wearing Nike shoes. Is Nike the most popular athletics brand right now? And do you have any idea why?

    ReplyDelete