Saturday, April 6, 2013

Random Excerpts from my Thoughts This Week :)

I'm not kidding when I say this post will be random. Trust me, it will be. I've been  having one of those weeks where thoughts will not collect into coherent sentences. (I have a lot of those weeks!)
So one of the main things I've been thinking about is how THANKFUL I am for other people. I love those people who I can trust with pieces of my life, and I feel so priveledged when I get to share in someone else's life story. (And just laugh with them.) 

Another something I've been thinking about is what I want my life to be about. I guess "purpose" is the word I'm looking for. It's pretty easy to get so focused in the day to day challenges and obstacles that we miss the greater purpose. The obstacles can either be something to complain about, or something we learn from. We can dwell on our failures and let them define us, or we can learn from them and apply what we learned from them. I tend to do the former.

Another thing I've been thinking about is edamame! (I know, random, right? I'm sure ya'll are shocked) I really want to find a recipe for edamame hummus! Doesn't that sound good? I could combine whole grain pitas with edamame hummus, and have a meal of veggies, complete protein, and whole grains. (Loaded with fiber) How cool would that be?

One last thing that's been on my mind is the song "In Christ Alone."  It's my very favorite song. The lyrics are so powerful! Here are my favorite verses:

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me.
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.

No power in hell, no scheme of man,
Could ever pluck me from His hand.
Till He returns or calls me home,
This is the power of Christ in me.

These last weeks, I've been anything but fearless and guiltless. Fear and guilt over various things have weighed pretty heavy on me. I love the thought that even when I can't feel Jesus's presence in my life, even when I am terrified and my heart is heavy, He holds me in His hand. His power is in me. Right now, I feel  very weak. But I'm trying to keep up the hope. If Christ controls my destiny, whom shall I fear?

Now if only I can live it out!

3 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite songs as well. Each line has soooo much meaning and is really encouraging. Oh, and for edamame hummus . . . couldn't you just process the edamame with some hummus and lemon juice/olive oil? Sounds like a fun experiment! Probably shouldn't try smushing it on the countertops;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your random thoughts:-0 And that song IS powerfully amazing! I've always loved singing it! Those verses are so eye-opening, and I liked how you connected it with your every day situations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The edamame hummus actually sounds quite delicious! Let us know if you accomplish your goal.

    Thanks for more encouraging thoughts about living for Christ because of His power. I've been thinking recently about what it means to fear the Lord and live for His glory. I haven't come to any concrete thoughts about it, but I want to keep thinking about and talking to the Lord about it!

    ReplyDelete