And this one is dubbed, "Looking Extremely Attractive While Standing By A Tree."
Don't you think the Pooh tie-dye is attractive? It's coming back any day now, I'm sure.
Back to Natalie and her awesomeness. I said earlier that we're "both in this Humiliation together," and, truth be told, we have been "in it together" for most of our lives.
Here are just a few of our early memories:
- Tying Blaize up to a tree... and then realizing we were better at making knots than we'd previously thought.
- Playing "Animals" together with our stuffed animals, and naming any new dogs as "Doggy" despite the fact that we had three "Doggys" already.
- Hanging upside down from my top bunk bed to her lower bed to talk as long as we could until the blood rushed to my head.
- Freaking out about the non-existent monster under the bed
- Day-dreaming about American Girl Dolls
- Her willingness to laugh at my less-than-funny jokes
- Her diligence in school and her relationship with God
- Her sweetness to forgive me over and over again
- Her generosity with her money, time, and energy
- Her kindness in making me look really sweet when she talks about me on her blog
- Her ability to make people feel comfortable and special
- Her musical skills... she can harmonize singing way better than I can, and can sound out most tunes on the piano naturally.
- Photography... hence the reason I have no pictures of her!
- Art... you should see it! I am so amazed at her creativity and eye for detail
- Telling stories... read her blog! It's full of them, and they always make me laugh.
- Cleaning... I'm telling you, her room is immaculate.
- Remembering details... while I forget things everywhere I go, Natalie is organized and on top of it.
- Decorating... she is re-doing her room, and it looks beautiful! How can you go wrong with aqua and grey chevron?
- Resourcefulness... she can take something totally ordinary and make it useful and pretty!
- She is loved! By friends, family, me, and God!
- She is smart! She gets good grades, is fun conversationalist, and an intelligent friend. She is a critical thinker and she is very detailed.
- She is talented: Natalie, you are so good at so many things! (See above list.) God has given you so many gifts that everyone but you can see!
- She is a BLESSING. My life wouldn't be complete without you, Natalie! You are a loyal friend, a godly example, and the BEST sister. I admire and love you so much!